Monday, December 8, 2008

Crawling the Internet


My dear friend Catherine provided me with a wealth of protective clothing information, and I've just been waiting to pounce on any holiday sales. Thank God for her, because I was relatively clueless. Most likely, the sales won't arrive until the spring when cold weather clothing goes out of demand.

So on my list you'll find Capilene and Biostretch Baselayers from Patagonia...
The trick is to layer bottoms, t's, and zip necks. Capilene is light weight, wicks moisture, and is made from at least 50% recycled materials! Hooray for the planet.

Wh
en I'm not searching aimlessly,

I use
Zingsale.com to track prices for me.






Check it out if you haven't
heard of this super cool website. You do a search for what you want to purchase, it finds websites that sell it, and you enter the price you want to pay. When the price drops to or below your specification - you get an email with details and a link to the vendor. Their logo chick is kinda hot don't you think?

I've also been doing a lot of agonizing over Kilimanjaro tour companies. Climb prices are all over the place and it's really hard to compare them because they all list the same information for the most part. Luckily I have my friends in Kenya to do some checking for me, although they've been inc
redibly busy as of late.

While taking a break from my usual academic rock-stardom - I did a Google search for "Kilimanjaro 2009" to see what trips had been added since my last check a few months ago. In the process, I fell upon another blogger planning a trip with her dad.
http://o
nebigmountain.blogspot.com/

And the last tidbit of information for this lively entry: My passport is totally on it's way. This morning at 1:55am, it was approximately 82 miles away - in a USPS distribution center. I can't wait - any day now. Maybe even today when I get home... but better not to put that much faith in the US postal service...

No comments: